Vapour Organic Beauty Aura Multi Use Blush

Disclaimer: Press sample. See bottom for more.

Whenever I encounter a blush that’s not in powder or pressed powder form, I have a moment of panic.

I mean, I’ve had YEARS of practice taking a blush brush, swirling it on a palette, and gently applying it until I get it to a color that’s a more a nice flush than a clown face! And to get that down? It took me years, lol!

But I don’t use gel/stick/liquid blushes as often, so my application is not as polished.

Thankfully, I had an easy time using Vapour Organic Beauty Aura Multi Use Blush sticks, which are designed for lips, cheeks and eyes. These are really nice. Check them out:

That’s Torch on the left, Tender on the right.

Torch swatched on the left, Tender on the right.

I used both shades in a recent face-of-the-day:

Torch, described as a transparent fuchsia, honestly made me look like I had a natural flush that was perfect! The lighter, nude shimmer Tender was a nice highlighter on top of my cheek bones, along the slope of my nose and my forehead.

What freaks me out about using a blush like this is having to use my fingers to get application perfect. You could easily use a brush, but I find that I do better when I blend it in with my fingers. I applied these with a light hand, over a liquid BB Cream, so it was smooth to rub the color in along my cheeks.

I just kept adding a bit more color until I had a hue that looked good with my skin tone.

So what makes these special? Aura Multi Use Blush is infused with a base of light, dry plant oils and a face-specific nourishing botanical blend of anti-inflammatory Frankincense, antioxidant Tulsi and moisturizing lotus flowers. It’s 100% natural and chemical free with 70% certified organic ingredients (the other 30% consist of natural mineral pigments and vitamins). There are five shades in the collection.

The only complaint I had was about Tender. The tube was broken, so the bottom part of the tube comes off. It still works and twists up but it comes off and messes up the function of the twisting blush. For $34, I want that quality control in place to make sure I get a perfect product. Torch, however, was fine.

Speaking of packaging, aside from this one fail, I love the look of Vapour’s packaging. It’s a beautiful blue color and the tubes are shimmery, and I love it. It’s unlike any of my other cosmetics!

Aura Multi Use Blush has been around since March 2011 and they retail for $34 here on the Vapour site, and can also be found at www.b-glowing.com, and www.spiritbeautylounge.com. You get .34 oz of product for your dollars.

I’m not sure if I would spend $34 for this product in the future. The bonus of it is that for your money, the blush sticks go a long way. It doesn’t take much to give me a glow. And you’re getting great ingredients for your price. But while you’re paying for organic cosmetics with your price, buying organic hasn’t been important to me, and the cost is a deterrent.

If buying organic is important to you, you should definitely click on those links and check these out! And if you are just a cosmetic lover and you don’t have cost prohibitions like I do right now, this is a quality product!

So what do you think? Do you like stick blushes, especially ones that offer multitasking with lips and eyes? What do you think of this one from Vapour? I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Disclaimer: The Aura Multi Use Blushes were provided to me for review by the PR/Manufacturer. Please visit my Disclosure tab for more information on how BeautyJudy.com keeps it real!