GIVEAWAY and Pizzelles
It’s holiday baking season! Are you ready for a week of some of my favorite holiday cookies?
Up first are pizzelles. When I think of these cookies, I think of my grandma, my dad’s mom. These were her signature cookies. As a little kid, these were not my favorite (I think anise flavoring is an acquired taste), but I liked them more and more as I got older. I made them identical to my grandma’s recipe for one year, but then decided to cut down on the anise for future years. I use less than half a bottle, and I think they are close to perfect.
In making pizzelles, you need a pizzelle maker. Mine is from my grandma on my mom’s side. It is incredibly old. Last year, the legs melted and stuck to the counter top…whoops. This year, I out it on cardboard, but was silly enough to put my hand in front of the steam– not a smart idea! I have some burns on my fingers to show off using this antique, but I would rather use my grandma’s maker than any of the newer ones that can actually regulate temperature
Whether you start or finish your holiday baking, be sure to enter Food Rambling’s giveaway for a two-pack of the holiday kitchen towels from Lucylucybangbang.
Aren’t they super cute? Not only can you enter the giveaway, but you can also purchase any full-price dish towels from the Etsy site at 20% off. Give the code Food20 on check out- this is valid until 12/15.
For the giveaway:
To enter to win the awesome holiday dish towels from LucyLucyBangBang, leave a comment below!
For extra entries:
- Like Food Ramblings on Facebook and Lucylucybangbang. Leave a separate comment letting us know you like us.
- Follow Food Ramblings on Twitter. Leave a separate comment letting us know you are following.
- Follow Food Ramblings on Pinterest. Leave a separate comment letting us know you are following.
- Subscribe to Food Ramblings through email or RSS. Leave a separate comment letting us know you subscribe.
- Share the link to this giveaway post on your Facebook page. Leave a separate comment letting us know you shared the link to this giveaway.
- Tweet about this giveaway. Make sure the link to this giveaway post and my Twitter handle @food_ramblings are included . Leave a separate comment letting us know you tweeted.
The giveaway is open until Thursday, December 13 at 11:59 pm EST. The giveaway is only open to U.S. residents. Be sure a valid email address is included with your comment(s). Winner will be chosen randomly and announced on this post. We will email the winner and if the winner doesn’t respond in 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen. Good luck!
**Carrian from Sweet Basil is the winner- congrats!!**
- 6 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs vanilla
- less than 1/2 bottle anise extract
- Servings: tons!
- Difficulty: easy
Beat eggs. Add sugar. Add cooled, melted butter, vanilla, and anise. Add baking powder and flour.
Use pizzelle maker. Be careful– most pizzelle makers are hot and beware of steam!