GIVEAWAY and Grilled Polenta Cakes with Caramelized Onions, Ricotta Cheese, and Honey
“People who love to eat are always the best people” -Julia Child
Celebratory meals are the best, aren’t they?? Austin and I celebrated our three-month wedding anniversary a few weeks ago, and I just haven’t had the chance to post about this amazing meal!
Here’s the conversation when I came home from the gym on our special day:
Me: “What’;s for dinner?”
Austin: “Grilled Polenta Cakes with Caramelized Onions, Ricotta Cheese, and Honey. I’m learning how to caramelize onions!”
Seriously, I am the luckiest wife ever! One of the coolest things about doing this blog is that Austin and I have both become better cooks and are willing to try out new things. Case in point– this meal. While there’s no meat in it, Austin still decided it was man friendly This is a great recipe adapted from Food 52.
Isn’t this such a beautiful dish??
Do you love the quote that started this post? I do. I agree with Julia– “People who love to eat are always the best people.” What better way to tell your guests you love their company than this framed print. Dex Mex has provided the print for one lucky reader to display in their home! Check our their site and see what other awesome prints they have available
For the giveaway:
To enter to win the beautiful framed print from Dex Mex, leave a comment letting us know what your favorite celebratory meal is!
For extra entries:
- Like Food Ramblings on Facebook. Leave a separate comment letting us know you like Food Ramblings.
- Follow Food Ramblings on Twitter. Leave a separate comment letting us know you are following.
- Follow Food Ramblings on Pinterest. Leave a separate comment letting us know you are following.
- Subscribe to Food Ramblings through email or RSS. Leave a separate comment letting us know you subscribe.
- Share the link to this giveaway post on your Facebook page. Leave a separate comment letting us know you shared the link to this giveaway.
- Tweet about this giveaway. Make sure the link to this giveaway post and my Twitter handle @food_ramblings are included . Leave a separate comment letting us know you tweeted.
The giveaway is open until Tuesday, November 20 at 11:59 pm EST. The giveaway is only open to U.S. residents. Be sure a valid email address is included with your comment(s). Winner will be chosen randomly and announced on this post. We will email the winner and if the winner doesn’t respond in 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen. Good luck!
- 1 tube polenta (from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- ricotts cheese (part-skim)
- honey, to drizzle
- Servings: 4
- Difficulty: easy
Add butter and olive oil to a skillet set to medium-low heat. Add sliced onions and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until soft, golden, and caramelized- about 20-25 minutes.
Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into another skillet, set over medium heat. Slice polenta about 1 inch thick and place in the heated skillet. Cook until slightly browned and crusty on one side, about 2 minutes, then flip and cook the other sides another two minutes.
To assemble the polenta cakes, place on a plate, add one tablespoon of caramelized onions to each cake, top each with dollop of ricotta cheese, and drizzle with honey.